Associate Financial Advisor
Position: Associate Financial Advisor, Part-time, Full-time
Locations: Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia & Quebec.
Remote (your own hours), in-person @ 3601 Hwy 7 East, Suite 610, Markham for training and free office space
About the Role:
You must be a self-starter who wants to build a career in a rapidly growing financial planning organization, supported by experienced managers and mentors. As an Associate Advisor your goal is to help clients create viable plans for managing their finances given their unique individual and family situations. You will provide integrated life insurance planning and advice as a trusted consultant to LifePlan clients.
We are an energetic, diverse organization where producers work in a non-traditional and friendly team-oriented environment We provide professional coaching and mentoring along with leadership and career development opportunities.
Compensation: Commission, incentives, bonuses, group benefits, free on-site parking, free training, free office space, and education subsidies if required.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only selected prospects will be contacted for interview.
- Leads and client management for LifePlan leads, inquiries.
- Assess clients’ needs and provide customized financial planning solutions
- Build and maintain client relationships through various prospecting activities such as networking, social media marketing, etc.
- Build rapport with new clients and strengthen existing relationships
- Utilize CRM to manage prospects and clients’ profiles and provide high-level service
- Service on-going clients, advise on insurance matters, conduct needs assessment, recommend solutions, answer inquiries, conduct client care calls and process renewals
- Prepare documentation for insurers, complete applications for clients, process changes
- Actively participate in carrier training, workshops and webinars
- Participate in community support and philanthropic initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal and customer care skills
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Strong prospecting and business development skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Goal oriented and strong work ethic
- Working knowledge of CRM tools and carriers software
- Proven track record of successfully managing and closing deals
- LLQP or HLLQP, CSC, CFP and experience in financial service industry would be considered